Supercharge Your Curiosity
It may have killed the cat, but new cutting edge research links curiosity to living better. This Retreat dives into lively, hands-on workshops to spark this least understood yet powerful characteristic. Get first access to the surprising new science behind curiosity’s power to boost creativity, joy, leadership skills and good health. Then, go on amazing excursions to find it. Join acclaimed speakers, award-winning authors, journalists, photographers, storytellers and an Internet mogul on this inspiring journey. Forget the cat. Spark the “curious explorer” within you!
And what better way to satisfy your curiosity about the wonders of the canyons that surround us than a mountain bike-, horseback-, or ATV-ride?
- The Curious Mind Workshop – What does the Internet tell us about curiosity? Explore how the Internet has changed the way the curious mind works.
- Curious People Don’t Kill Their Cats – A workshop you won’t soon forget! Explore the science behind winning friends, influencing people and living a life most worth living with Dr. Todd Kashdan, Psychology Professor and author of Curious? Discover the Missing Ingredient to a Fulfilling Life.
- The Curious Life Workshop And Seminar – At the heart of Ben Franklin’s lightening rod and Louis Pasteur’s fascination with vaccines – is curiosity. Explore your own personal road to discovery. What makes us curious? Lively interactive seminar and a chance to ask and explore some of your personal “big questions of life.”
- The Curious Heart Workshop – Let your curiosity express itself in artistic fashion with a Songwriting & Creativity Workshop, Q&A and evening concert by an acclaimed singer-songwriter.
- The Curious Eye Seminar – A renowned freelance photographer and multimedia producer lets her camera do the talking in this journey into how photography plays into curiosity, breaks down barriers and builds bridges.
- Sneak Peak Previews From Discovery’s Curiosity Project – Enjoy special sneak peeks from Richard Sergay’s new interviews for Curiosity.com and the Curiosity Project.
- Walking Tour To Explore – You are in a place that is a curiosity seekers’ dream locale! Join the group for a guided walking tour and fun Q&As about most intriguing elements of the Gateway grounds.
Above, find a sampling of the activities and events available on this Retreat. Please check back, or sign up to receive the latest updates.
Supercharge Your Curiosity
- Welcome reception and dinner- What is Curiosity? In canyon corners – and in our mind’s corners – curiosity awaits discovery. Unlock the prospects of exploring curiosity in the days to come in this incredible setting of natural wonder.
- Dining under the stars.
- The Curious Place: What became of the dinosaurs? What hides behind mysterious canyon walls? Dig deeper on a guided walking tour, led by an expert naturalist, as we begin to reveal the answers.
- Curiosity didn’t kill the cat…and other particular findings workshop: Explore curiosity from the inside out, with one of today’s most dynamic speakers and leading researchers. Unveil the latest cutting edge science behind curiosity and the tools to develop more of it.
- Gateway Auto Museum Excursion and Dinner: 100 years of auto history is captured here, plus one of the country’s finest automobile collections.
- The Curious Heart in Song: Popular singer-songwriter, Darden Smith, welcomes you with a wonderful musical concert.
- The Curious Heart in Song Workshop: Tap curiosity and creativity through song in this personalized workshop. Express yourself through music.
- The Curious Eye Workshop: Explore photography through the lens of a world-class photographer and filmmaker. Plus exclusive tips for capturing your own memories on this adventure.
- Horseback Riding/Steak Dinner to the Pavilion– Horseback ride or travel by Jeep and gather for a traditional Western feast - and a truly spectacular mountain view, followed by fireside stories of curious people.
- The Curious Past Excursion: Decode ancient stories inscribed on canyon walls and left behind for the world to find. A leading archeologist helps us dig for clues.
- The Curious Internet: Enjoy an all-access pass with a true web trailblazer and the visionary behind the blockbuster successes of Web MD and How Stuff Works. Go inside the web’s curious trail.
- The Curious Mind: If you could question the world’s most fascinating people, what would you ask? An Emmy-award winning journalist and Chief Curator for theCuriosity Project downloads us from his interviews with top thinkers in science,arts, industry and beyond. Plus a sneak peek of Discovery’s Curiosity television series.
- Dinner and the Curious Sky Stargazing event: Light up the night sky and stargaze with high tech telescopes and insights from top cosmologists.
- What’s on your mind? Interact with our A-list experts in this session and throughout the retreat! No questions are off limits.
- The Curious Life Story and the Art of Storytelling: Inside each of us is a story waiting to be revealed. Find your inner voice in this colorful and interactive workshop with a renowned author and expert writing teacher. Insider’s access and tips to track your own life’s gems.
- What happens when we put curious experts together? Come to the Panel Discussion and find out what drives their curiosity.
- Preview of Curiosity in the HD Theater.
- Farewell Dinner and entertainment.
- Departure: With memories of a magical place after renewing and rekindling the Curious Explorer in you.
Discovery Retreats and logo are trademarks of Discovery Communications, LLC, used under license. All rights reserved.