Exploring Happiness: Tools for Positive Living
Presented in cooperation with
What makes us truly happy? This exclusive Retreat dives into the full spectrum from a global view of happiness to finding it within you. Delve into lively, hands-on workshops that guide you to personal fulfillment, explore how other cultures view happiness and take in the latest pioneering research. Get practical tools you can use at home to help nurture the all-important work/family/life balance. Still plenty of time for universal delights like horseback riding, hiking, and mountain biking. Or find your bliss at the world-class spa. Our resort is filled with activities to help you be happy and stay happy.
- Happiness Within – A fun, interactive workshop to help you navigate your own path to personal happiness. Designed to help you identify and develop strengths to find the pleasures that lead to happiness.
- Life and Happiness: Striking the Balance – Through panel discussions and group interactions, get in touch with the tools you need to help balance work, family and life – leading to a fuller, more positive outlook.
- The World View of Happiness Workshop – Explore how happiness is defined around the world, what makes certain cultures “happier” than others, and what it means for you here and now.
- “Happy” Sneak peek screening – Film screening and lively discussion of “Happy,” a new documentary from Academy-award nominated filmmaker, Roko Belic. Explore new findings in positive psychology, pioneered by leading psychiatrists and neuro-scientists, that help re-think and redefine the route to happiness.
- The Gross National Happiness Index – Through a film screening of Bhutan: Kingdom of Happiness, Filmmaker Dara Padwo-Audick reveals the transformative experiences of exploring Bhutan and its quest to create a happiness index. Plus more movies, music and sources of personal inspiration.
- The Building Blocks to Happiness – The how-to on happiness – straight from happiness and positive psychology experts who have worked with individuals and businesses, we’ll explore the overview of happiness, how it works, and tools to help you reach for it.
- Happiness is everywhere on the grounds of Gateway!
Exploring Happiness: Tools for Positive Living
- Welcome Reception: Creativity. Leadership. Integrity. Humor. Which are your key strengths? Dr. Neal Mayerson, positive psychology pioneer and creator of the renowned VIA Institute on Character, welcomes you with a look at the week ahead.
- Dinner and Happy Hour
- The Happiness Insider: Savor your week as you explore one of earth’s most perfect places with Mary Judd. Plus tips to identify and maximize your strengths to find personal fulfillment and rekindle the joy of life.
- Happy! A sneak peek film screening: An enlightening new documentary from an Academy-award nominated filmmaker lights up the HD Theater plus a post-film Q&A with its director.
- Horseback Riding/Steak Dinner to the Pavilion: Horseback ride or travel by Jeep and gather for a traditional Western feast - and a spectacular mountain view.
- Happiness Photography Walk: A photographer’s dream location with tips on capturing the best moments.
- Exploring Happiness from the North Pole to You: A rousing, cross-cultural tour of happiness across the globe with one of the field’s leading researchers and favorite presenters. Explore the secrets of happiness in different cultures and using these findings to enhance our own lives.
- The Trail of Intrigue: An expert naturalist takes you on a guided walk tour, including a chance to explore up-close ancient rock art etched on canyon walls.
- So Happy Together: The “how to” of improving relationships with friends, family, and even yourself – along with custom strategies to build the blocks of happiness in this breakthrough workshop. A personal journey, led by a dynamic positive psychology researcher, who reveals the powerful link of emotions and relationships to happiness.
- The Gross National Happiness Index - Screening of Bhutan: Kingdom of Happiness film:Track Bhutan’s quest to create a happiness index – and behind-the-scenes access with its award-winning director.
- Dinner, storytelling and stargazing under a picture-perfect night sky.
- What made the ancients happy? A celebration of the Ute Indian spirit through dance, music, art and beading, delicious food preparation and their unique stories left behind in rock art.
- Living with Ease: A rare opportunity to work with two of the field’s most respected pioneers, Drs. Neal and Donna Mayerson of the VIA Institute. This interactive workshop will help you navigate your own path to personal happiness and get the tools to live a more authentically happy life. Identify and develop your own strengths, and those of others, to find life’s pleasures and renew your sense of self and purpose.
- Panel Discussion and Cocktails: How do you find your own road to joy? Discuss and debate with our expert team to help you pursue your passions and renew your own path to happiness.
- Farewell Dinner and entertainment
- Departure: Leaving behind a magnificent venue, but taking with you a rejuvenated mind, body and spirit.
*Final schedule is subject to change.
Discovery Retreats and logo are trademarks of Discovery Communications, LLC, used under license. All rights reserved.